Thursday, January 6, 2011

A late white Christmas

Since I haven't touched upon my winter vacation, I will do so now. In short, the 'Snowcalypse' forced me to stay home three days in a row. It ruined my ice skating, movie watching, and karaoke-ing plans. But was it a bad thing? Not necessarily. Staying home allowed me to finish my college applications once and for all (YESSSS!!). That snow day in the backyard with my cousins wasn't too shabby either :P

On Christmas Day, my family and I went to go eat dim sum in Chinatown. We shared a table with my uncle's friends. It was a bit awkward, yes, but I still enjoyed myself (and the food, of course!) Aimee and I got some bubble tea afterwards, went home, and just chatted with our other cousins. We exchanged Secret Santa presents (which wasn't much of a secret). I got a circle scarf...again! Haha. I guess I'll be warm this winter. It wasn't an eventful day but it was a lovely one, simply because I got to spend time with my family.

Two days after, my cousins and I experienced the aftermath of the Snowcalypse. We wanted to play with snow in our backyard but found it extremely difficult to even pry the basement door open (we have to go through the basement to reach the backyard). Aimee's dad and Connie's dad probably spent an hour using an assortment of tools to open the door. I felt so guilty! But alas, they opened the doors enough so I could crawl out. Eventually I was joined by Connie and Aimee. Every inch of me was either covered in snow by the time we finished playing. I felt numb but completely satisfied. =D

Although this vacation was rather uneventful, it passed by quickly (as all other vacations do). School is in session right now and I'm still pretty busy juggling everything at once. I've got some college interviews on my way, along with some additional financial aid forms to fill out (FAFSA). But this weekend I will be going on my Senior Winter Trip, which will hopefully be tons of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home