Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010

Despite getting snowed in for the majority of this vacation, I still enjoyed myself. I was productive. I completed my college applications. I took put effort into my self portraits. I matured; I became a better person.

And I guess I can say I'm proud of myself. I didn't keep every resolution that I had in 2010, but I did for the most part. In 2010, I learned how to accept my flaws, how to love myself for everything I am. Most of all, I learned how to forgive myself. So here's to 2011:
  1. Improve my time management skills. First of all, I don't think I even have any. But that's besides the point. I'm about to go to college, where real work begins. I can't fool around anymore. This means less procrastinating! (Because we all know I can't stop procrastinating altogether.)
  2. Experiment with photography. I have sooo much room for improvement. I want to experiment with film. I want to try out different techniques, different styles. Long exposures, black & white portraiture, and even fashion photography. I want to put make up on my models and dress them in different outfits. I want to evoke emotion with my photography. I want to take risks.
  3. Be healthier. Sleep deprivation has really taken a toll on me. I know this because, well, let’s just say I don’t really know what I’m doing half the time. I also need to be more hydrated. It makes my skin break out less. I need to eat less fast food. Stop being lazy and exercise on a daily basis! Start running again!
  4. Build a better tolerance. Forgive the world. Stop holding grudges. Don't say things out of impulse. My emotions run too quickly and I need to learn how to control them. I can't wear my heart on my sleeve anymore. I will be venturing out into the real world. No time for vulnerability. I need a better poker face.
  5. Simply enjoy myself. This is my last year of high school. I want to attend more school events. I want to cheer on my friends at games and shows. After all, if I don’t do so in 2011, I won’t get any second chances. I want to give my second term my all. I want to look back in a few years and think, Wow! Senior year was so much fun. I just want to be happy.
One more thing: I resolve to consistently write in this blog.
This year, I want to step out of my comfort zone. I want to experience something new and exciting. No, I'm not saying this just because I say this every year, but because I honestly think this year is the time for change. I will be graduating high school. I will be going off to college. A chapter of my life will end, but another one will begin.
Christine and I promised each other that this year, we will both do something we've always wanted to do. I don't know what my 'thing' is yet. Maybe I'll get that scholarship for studying abroad in Korea. Maybe I'll finally learn how to ride a bike or how to swim. Maybe I'll do something I never thought I'd end up doing. This is what I love about new beginnings, who knows what will happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home